HOME   |   ABOUT   |   KEYNOTE SPEAKER   |   CONSULTATIONS   |   TRAINING   |   STORE   |   CONTACT          

The Right Way to Write; Getting Published and Getting Paid! FREE Teleseminar

Ok, here's the truth.  When I was writing my first book, "Stand-Up Comedy: The Book," (Random House) I’d sort of hit bottom.  I’d quit doing comedy clubs, and I had a typing job for $10/hour. I sent the first three chapters of my book to 59 agents and I was rejected by ALL of them.

Here’s what they had to say:
"Nobody wants to learn standup comedy..."

"You can't teach comedy in a book..."

"Why don't you write a how to book about something useful… like fly fishing?"

Real agents.  Real comments.  Real depressing.

Cut to:

I just had my fourth book published this past month, titled, "The Message of You" (St. Martin's Press).

In the past year, I’ve been invited to speak all over the world (Russia, Sweden, etc.) as an expert, meaning I’ve been getting paid to travel and I get treated like a celebrity.

(One Swedish newspaper even called me their “Comedy Prophet.”  Wow – I feel almost like Moses -- only funnier.)

Still, I have those moments where my inner critic tells me I’m worthless, and don’t know anything.  I try to battle it by asking myself what I do know, and, it occurred to me that I definitely DO know something about how to get a book written -- and published.

Last month, I was talking to my literary agent, Penny Nelson, who said that she went to a "How to Get Your Book Published" workshop and couldn't believe all the misinformation that was given.  She was wishing that someone would give aspiring writers the right information, because it would make her job – and theirs – a lot easier.

So... Penny and I, along with self-publishing guru Dan Poynter, are going to give you the real information about publishing in a teleseminar on Tuesday, April 9th.  And how much is this going to cost you?

Ah... let me think... nothing! That's right.  Zip.  Zero.  Zilch.

So, if you ever thought you ‘d like to write a book, or you’re having a hard time getting a book you've already written noticed -- join us to hear the real truth about the publishing industry and where you fit in.

DATE:             Tuesday, April 9, 2013
TIME:              5:30 PM to 6:30 PM (PDT)
PRICE:            FREE
REGISTER:    http://bookpub.eventbrite.com

2 comments:

  1. Is there a way to view this now?
    Thanks

    p/s So glad you kept trying! I love your books!

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doh! Wish I would have seen this earlier! Any chance you may be re-running this?
    Thanks!
    Ronnie

    ReplyDelete

Judy's Blog

Judy Carter blogs on comedy, storytelling and public speaking techniques, using personal stories and her adventures as a stand-up comic turned motivational public speaker. Her weekly blogs are read by fans of her books, “The Comedy Bible” (Simon and Schuster) and “The Message of You” (St. Martin’s Press), which include comics, speakers, and entrepreneurs. She is also known for teaching the value of humor and storytelling to businesses as a leadership and stress reduction tool.