HOME   |   ABOUT   |   KEYNOTE SPEAKER   |   CONSULTATIONS   |   TRAINING   |   STORE   |   CONTACT          

This Month's "Message of You" Hero

Recently I've been consumed by the fate of Malala Yousafzai, the 14 year old Pakistani girl who was shot for speaking her message that Muslim girls deserve an education. As a comic and speaker, I often take for granted the freedom we have in this country to publicly discuss our vision of what the world should be, and openly criticize those who stand in our way. This eloquent young girl has moved me deeply for she had the courage to express her convictions, and live them, in the face of near-certain reprisals from her savage oppressors. I pray for her everyday and I hope you will too. She brings to mind another brave girl whose voice was permanently silenced by a repressive regime, but whose words continue to move people around the world - Anne Frank. I look forward to the day that Malala speaks again, and I thank her for reminding me to be grateful for my freedom of speech. Too many people aren't that lucky. 

Please let me know whose message inspires you at my blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judy's Blog

Judy Carter blogs on comedy, storytelling and public speaking techniques, using personal stories and her adventures as a stand-up comic turned motivational public speaker. Her weekly blogs are read by fans of her books, “The Comedy Bible” (Simon and Schuster) and “The Message of You” (St. Martin’s Press), which include comics, speakers, and entrepreneurs. She is also known for teaching the value of humor and storytelling to businesses as a leadership and stress reduction tool.