HOME   |   ABOUT   |   KEYNOTE SPEAKER   |   CONSULTATIONS   |   TRAINING   |   STORE   |   CONTACT          

How I Went From Standup Comedy to Motivational Speaking

I wanted to take a moment to share with you how I made my comedy skills pay off big time in the corporate world as a motivational speaker. Honestly, I was shocked to learn how many corporations are desperate for good, funny, motivational speakers. By tweaking my act a little and using some specialized marketing skills, I was able to move into this market that is desperate for speakers who are inspiring and funny.

Changing my standup act into a corporate speech was accomplished by adding a life-balance message in-between my jokes. This small tweak, combined with sharpening my marketing skills, lead to me making in one night what it would have taken one month to make in comedy clubs.

In addition to increasing my income by 600%, I started flying first class and staying in first class hotels. But even more than that, I am making a difference in people's lives by giving them some "ah-ha" moments along with "ha-ha's."

I get so many people asking me the particulars about how to get into this untapped market that I've spent the past year putting everything I know about writing a speech and marketing it into a DVD series called "Speaking Career in a Box."

Please take a moment to look at it as I'm offering $75 off to people on my mailing list before it is marketed to the general public. This discount ends midnight, September 27, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judy's Blog

Judy Carter blogs on comedy, storytelling and public speaking techniques, using personal stories and her adventures as a stand-up comic turned motivational public speaker. Her weekly blogs are read by fans of her books, “The Comedy Bible” (Simon and Schuster) and “The Message of You” (St. Martin’s Press), which include comics, speakers, and entrepreneurs. She is also known for teaching the value of humor and storytelling to businesses as a leadership and stress reduction tool.